The Wedding Week
The Wedding Week
If you follow my Instagram account, you probably already know that I got married last week! It was one hectic and tiring week but it is my most favorite week yet. We had such a low budget for the wedding and everything was mostly DIYed, but I’m really happy with how everything turned out. Special thanks to my family and friends for helping out with the decorations, the flowers and the food. But the most special mention is to my perfect husband. Jorge was the perfect fiancé because he helped me make decorations, helped me pick out my last-minute wedding dress and was very patient and loving the whole wedding prep week. Thank you Lord God for blessing me with the perfect man.
- I made my headpiece for the wedding. I didn’t want to wear a veil so I decided to make a flower crown. It was perfect! I also practiced my bridal makeup that day and honestly, I was scared that I might look ugly on my big day because I AIN’T NO MAKEUP ARTIST!
- I was so excited when my stoneriverph pieces arrived, fresh from the Philippines! I was making wedding decorations when they came and I decided to wear some of the necklaces for the wedding. They looked perfect! (Thanks so much Kim! :*)
- Due to an unexpected weight loss, I had to buy a new wedding dress. I’m so happy that there’s a bridal shop here in Whitehorse so Jorge and I went there to find the perfect dress. The russian woman who assisted us was a little scary because of her accent but she was really nice and she was really happy that I found a dress that I liked so much.
- Jorge and I went to Miles Canyon to scout the perfect wedding location! It’s just a 5 minute walk from the main entrance of the trail so it was perfect for a whole family mini hike to the wedding venue.
- We went to the Falcon clubhouse to decorate for the small reception after the wedding. My sisters and other family members helped decorate the place and I’m proud to say that we finished decorating in just 3 hours. Keyword: TEAMWORK!
- Thursday: July 24, 2014 | THE BIG DAY! At 6:55 P.M., in the very beautiful Miles Canyon, Jorge and I were pronounced husband and wife. <3 (Watch out for the more detailed story of our wedding day.)
- It makes me so happy that I’m now married to my soulmate, my best friend, my partner and my favorite person in the world. I love you so much Jorge. I’m so honored to be called your wife. <3
Photos taken with my iPhone5s, edited with VSCO Film 01