Life Lately | Vol. 04
Life lately has been pretty stressful and tiring. Things are gonna get even crazier for me at work so as much as possible, I try to give myself time to relax and do whatever the heck I want. I've had 12 hours of sleep last night which was very much needed (also because I cleaned our bathroom and kitchen -_-, my body was beat by 2AM).
My other form of relaxation is doing my makeup and writing. Today, I settled for the latter, so here I am, typing my...
- I am now assigned to do the family's grocery listing and shopping and we all know how much I don't like going to the grocery store. But, we gotta do what we gotta do and I think this will really help me budget my money better. I'm so bad at budgeting my money and I think it's about time to get really serious about it.
- I don't know why I am this way, but I am very "maarte" when it comes to my blog layout. I cannot be satisfied! I keep changing things, and most of the time, after hours of tweaking, I end up with the original look. HAHA. But lately, as you have already probably noticed, I changed my site's layout and I am really loving this look. What triggered me to change the layout is the fact that the big banners of my former theme made the site load slow and I don't like it when pages load slow. What do you think? Do you like the new look as much as I do? Let me know!
- In relation to my last point, I've been learning some tricks on photoshop that's why blog has been rocking that new banner. Watercolor and calligraphy are all the craze right now and because I'm a girl and I love all things cutesy, I tried making some word graphics through photoshop because 1, I have the ugliest handwriting ever (for a girl), and 2, I'm not artsy enough to create a decent looking watercolor piece. The font I used for my page titles is called Wanderlust, in case you were wondering.
- Since it's been warming up here in Whitehorse, I try to dress up a little better when going out, also so I have something to post under my What I Wore category. A few things I've learned after trying: *It's still a little cold to NOT wear a hideous jacket, *I'm a bad model.
- I changed my skincare routine and I think it's working really well for me. I've been using oils lately and it has made my skin look better and noticeably smoother. I will definitely write a blog post about it so watch out for that.
- Life as a grownup is so tough. I have so many things that I need to do and sometimes, they get a little overwhelming to the point that I think I won't be able to accomplish them ever. I'll just have to keep reminding myself to take things one day at a time. Baby steps. I'll get there eventually.
- Jorge and I have been enjoying our staple dessert which is a Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream with almonds and chocolate syrup! Buying that mix at Marble Slab every night can get a little expensive because it costs like $6 for a medium cup, so we decided to just make our own "Marble Slab" ice cream at home. We kinda cheat though because we buy a litre of ice cream from them. HAHA. Ingredients: Cheesecake flavor ice cream (from Marble Slab), frozen mixed berries, sliced almonds, chocolate syrup || Just mix everything together in a bowl and tada, your very own Marble Slab dessert!
- I love makeup and I really enjoy slabbing it all over my face. I work as a server so I have to always look my best at work every day. Mornings are like my training ground and I think that the more I keep doing it, the better I become. On my days off, I try to experiment on different colors for different looks too. This is also the reason why I watch so many YouTube videos. Be inspired to inspire!
- Lastly, I try to spend as much time as I can with my sisters. Since I'll be leaving them soon, it's just nice to bond with them and just be around them more, physically. I'm actually really enjoying it too. And maybe because of all these time spent together, they'll finally understand why I'm so "crazy" about keeping our house clean. (they are so fed up with my nagging already haha)