Life Lately | 10
Let's get a little bit more personal..... again! I know, I know, my blog has been feeling a little bit commercialized these past few weeks, but I promise you, this is still the same blog I started almost 3 years ago! As most of you may know, EXPLORE WITH CORINTH is my full-time job, and I've been working really hard to earn money from it because you know, the bills won't pay themselves. It has been such a blessing to even be able to type that out because this was my dream 5 years ago, to be a full-time blogger, and I'm finally living out that dream!
With that said, bloggers get paid through Google ads, affiliate links, by promoting products, and/or by receiving free stuff, and I admit that because my goal was to EARN, I've been signing up for campaigns after campaigns. I then get backed up on deadlines, that I end up posting sponsored posts almost back-to-back. I'm so sorry that this has been the case these past few months but I'm going to work harder to get things back to normal! I hope you all understand. 😬
Another reason why the blog posts have been less personal is because I started daily vlogging (in case you didn't already know). Vlogging is a lot of work, and those vlogs are as personal as I can be, so in my head, I thought I didn't really need to share much personal stuff (on here) because I've been sharing a lot on my YouTube channel! I hope you're getting what I'm trying to say. HAHA. Anyway, my point is, I'm sorry, and I'll work harder to get this blog back into shape!
1. What have I been up to? I've been vlogging, and if you want to see how my November 14th-20th looked like, watch the video below:
2. My bullet journal is still alive, and after a brief conversation with Jae, I will start incorporating my blog planning into my bujo. I've never done any blog planning before, and I think doing that will really help me a lot in solving this sponsored content problem. My bullet journal has evolved into a more minimalistic look because I get lazy so easily, but it's still colorful! :) Do you guys want an updated Bullet Journal post?
3. To my newsletter subbies, I'm so sorry because I haven't updated you guys with anything for over a month now! As you probably can tell, I've changed the look of my website, but I still kept my EXPLOREWITHCORINTH domain because I'm a woman and that means I'm indecisive! I just realized that changing my primary domain to corinthsuarez.com will hurt my Google ranking, and that also means that I will have to change my information on all the sites/companies I signed up my blog on for sponsorships, campaigns, and affiliations, which would be a pain in the butt. I don't mind paying $10 per year for CORINTHSUAREZ.COM, so I'm still keeping that domain, and I just created a landing page for it, where visitors can access both my blog and my YouTube channel.
If you want to be a part of the NEWSLETTER CLUB, sign up below! It's where I update my beautiful explorers of exclusive news and updates, stuff I don't post anywhere else! :) What should I name our little group?
4. Tuber Simulator has taken over my life, and it has also taken away my urge to be productive. It's soooo bad that even as I type this, the game is on so I can tap on the sponsor eagle for more views and subbies. HAHA. Do you play the game? If so, what's your username so I can add you as friend! Mine is theCORINTHianfiles, same as my real YouTube account.
5. I celebrated my one year anniversary of living in the US this month. It's so crazy how fast time flies! I know, I say that all the time, but it's true! I cannot believe that it's already been over a year since the last time I was with my sisters, Heather and Hunter. It's been over a year since I stopped being a barista. It's been over a year since that nerve-wracking 24-hour travel from Whitehorse, Canada to DC, USA. It's been over a year since I found God, again.
6. "Wait what? You found God, again? I thought you grew up a Christian?" Yes, I grew up a christian. I grew up in Sunday school. I knew all the christian songs, the dance to "open the eyes of my heart Lord", I got baptized a bunch of times, I can't even remember the dates, I've encountered God a few times, but I never fully understood who He is, and who I am in Him, until I moved here. If you guys want me to talk about this on a deeper level, let me know. I really want to share my heart with you all, and I want to use this platform to bring glory to my Father. I know that religion and the talk of faith are very touchy subjects, but I don't want anything to hinder me from sharing what God has placed in my heart. It's not enough that I know His name.
7. My fitness journey has been a total failure. HAHAHA. Went to the gym a few times but I just couldn't bring myself to go regularly! Also, I really can't seem to love cooking! Maybe it will be different when Jorge and I have our own place, but now, there's still no urgency for me to do food shopping and cook! I just really don't like cooking, period! :(( HELP! We need a cook! HAHA. You know what I hate the most? Me hating how round my face looks, and me NOT doing anything about it! 😂
8. I have discovered something new about myself. I am addicted to the chips and salsa from Uncle Julio's. I can eat them all day, everyday! Also, their medium rare Carne Asada is bomb!!! Jorge and I have been eating there a lot lately and is making the both of us fat and our bank account skinny.
9. I have just been getting to know the friends I have around me on a deeper level. I'm so blessed to be a part of a group of people who not only are funny as heck, but also challenges me and pushes me to go deeper in my relationship with God. I've been going to our women's night where we cook together, share stories, and cry and laugh together. I've been attending this class on Sundays which is called the Freedom class and it's been an amazing journey so far. I've been challenging myself to be more open and more vulnerable to my Ascend family and hopefully by next year, there will be no more holding back of anything.
10. I've been binge-watching on House M.D. I've already seen it before but I never finished it! I'm currently on Season 5 and once I finish this, I will need another show to watch! Do you have any recommendations? I'm also watching The Walking Dead and I'm caught up on How To Get Away with Murder (OMG!!!). I also miss watching anime! Huhu. Once I get more free time, I will continue watching Detective Conan. #kbye
How have you guys been? Talk to me! :) I know some of you tagged me in a Liebster Award post. I've already done that tag before so I won't do it again, but I will answer the questions you guys provided in a Q&A post soon! :)
Lastly, don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter for fun stuff! :)