Makeup Monday: How I Get Voluminous Lashes Without Using Falsies
I've been really loving how I do my mascara lately because it makes my lashes look longer and fuller without having to use false lashes. I hate wearing falsies because they feel so weird and uncomfortable! I've discovered a technique on how to get nice voluminous lashes and I want to share it with you ladies.
I learned a few tricks on doing my mascara when I watched this video on YouTube. I know it said that it's for long lashes but I think this tutorial will work really well for women who have little to no lashes as well.
If you want to know how I do my mascara, then here it goes!
WHAT I USE:
It's important to know what kind of lashes you have and what kind of brush you think will work best for your lashes. It also makes it easier for you to know what kind of mascara you want to use, depending on what look you're going for. Whatever the brush of the mascara looks like, that's how your lashes will look like.
I like full and heavy looking lashes but also, I want my lashes to stay curled up all day. I can't really do that by using only one mascara for my lashes that's why I use always use two, daily; the waterproof mascara first, then I apply the curved mascara
HOW I DO IT:
- USE EYELINER (OPTIONAL) - This helps create the illusion of a longer lash line and bigger eyes. But if you're in a hurry, you can skip this step.
- I CURL MY LASHES - When I do my lashes, I do it one eye at a time. Curl, then mascara, then curl the other lash, then mascara. I find that this makes my lashes really curled up nicely.
- I APPLY THE WATERPROOF MASCARA - After curling, I immediately apply my million lash mascara. I first concentrate on the TIPS of the lashes, doing wiggly motions until I coat my entire lashes. When I'm satisfied with how the tips look, I brush from the roots upward to lift my lashes up. I like how this mascara makes the tips of my lashes thin, giving off that natural look.
- I APPLY THE VOLUMINOUS MASCARA - After I finish doing my waterproof coating on one eye, I immediately proceed to applying the voluminous mascara, concentrating only on the ROOTS of my lashes, going upward. I like doing this because it's what makes my lashes look a little thicker without weighing my lashes down (thanks to the magic of waterproof). Apply as much coat as you want, as gently as possible. You don't want a messy mascara aftermath.
- I DO THE SAME PROCESS ON THE OTHER EYE
- LASTLY, I DO MY BOTTOM LASHES - I just use an ordinary mascara for my bottom lashes
I don't know if you are able notice it with these photos but the lashes coated with the voluminous mascara look thicker. If you try doing it on your lashes, you'll see a big difference. CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
This is how I do my mascara everyday. There are so many mascaras I've tried before and I always go back to using Loreal. It has never let me down, nor my lashes. Just take note that not all products work the same way for everybody. This method may work for me but not for you and that's okay. We're all different and this is just my way of doing it. Whether this technique works for you or not, I hope you'll still find this post a little helpful.
Do you have a favorite mascara? I want to know because I'm on the lookout for better products all the time! Which one should I try?! xx Corinth