DIY: Cute and Minimal Christmas Tree Ornaments
Before we dive into the tutorial, I just want to let you guys know that I didn't come up with this idea originally! I've already seen this DIY before which was done by Kenna and I thought that it was absolutely cute! But when I found the little birch tree slabs she used for her tutorials at Michaels, I thought they were too expensive! So, Jorge and I did more looking around the store and eventually found a really cheap alternative! Everything you'll need for this DIY can be found in a craft store! Just go to the one nearest you!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Little wood slabs. (29 cents each) The birch slabs were $3 a piece!
- Blackboard paint
- Paint brush
- Chalk/ Chalk pens
- String (pick festive colours like red or green or gold!)
- Glue gun and of course some glue sticks
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
1. Start by painting from the middle of the wood slabs with the blackboard paint. Make sure you don't paint all the way to the edges! See photos for reference.
2. Leave to dry for at least an hour or when they're completely dry.
3. Take your chalk or chalk pen and write/draw holiday sayings/icons. I used Google for reference! Hihi
4. Cut your string depending on how long you want them to be and then simply glue it to the back of your wood slabs, and then you're done! Yep! It's that simple!
I hope you guys enjoyed seeing my take on these little tree ornaments! I hope you try this out for yourself because it's a really fun and easy project to do!
Next DIY project will be all about pinecones! Watch out for that!