Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip First Impression and Review
Colourpop launched their Ultra Matte Lip line not too long ago and OMG, their first release broke the internet! It literally made their website crash a lot because of the massive influx of buyers and in just a few hours, their liquid lipsticks were sold out! I never even had the chance to pick the colors I wanted to purchase because by the time I got home, all the lipsticks were gone! HUHU. So, I had to wait for them to restock and I'm so happy to finally own three beautiful shades out of 33 (so many colors!!)!
The first time I saw these lipsticks on YouTube, I knew I needed them in my life! They do however get mixed reviews but now that I've tried them on for myself, I can only say good things about this product.
I brought to Snapchat (👻corinthsuarez) the unboxing of my Colourpop haul and some of you have seen my first impression on the Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks.
- These do not smell of anything, which is good!
- These are very liquid-y but they dry fast. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your preference.
- Feels very light, as if you're not wearing anything on your lips. My lips didn't feel crusty.
- However, this feels dry on the lips but they are not drying. There's a difference. If you do not like the feeling of dry lips, then you probably won't like it. I actually thought it will be flaky at first but surprisingly it wasn't.
- The packaging is plastic but does not feel cheap.
- On my initial application of the shade Bumble, I found that the application of the lipstick is very easy. I didn't feel the need to use a lipliner or a brush.
- That day, I had spaghetti and the lipstick melted right off my lips after a few bites (subos). I was a little turned off because I actually felt the grease from my meal melt away my lipstick. It felt a little gross.
I've been using the lipsticks everyday this past week so I can give you ladies a full review on this product.
- I've tried all the three shades I own and they definitely are easy to apply! I am actually amazed because I have Rimmel's Provocalips and I find that those lipsticks are hard to use! Colourpop's UML are very easy to use!
- These don't taste like anything which I LOVE SO MUCH!!! I hate Rimmel's Provocalips because of its taste, yuck!
- These lipsticks dry really matte. Colourpop wasn't kidding when they named these lipsticks Ultra Matte Lip but I don't mind it! They dry super matte so these lipsticks are absolutely KISS-PROOF and very low maintenance which is what I am looking for in a lipstick! I tried adding balm on top of the lips for added moisture but that made the lipstick transfer and NOT matte (duh). HAHA.
- I love it when lipsticks are low-maintenance! When these lipsticks dry, they won't budge so you won't have to worry about bleeding and transferring and stuff. I never got worried whether I got lipstick on my teeth because I know for sure that it didn't transfer.
- These lipsticks aren't grease-proof or food-proof so expect the lipstick to fade a little after a meal. But it's nothing a quick touch-up can't fix! Also it depends on the kind of food you eat. If you are not fond of eating oily foods then you don't have to worry about touching up because your lipstick won't fade! I also noticed that the lipstick only fades on the inner part of the lower lip.
- These lipsticks are long-lasting! I find that these can stain the lips a little bit.
- Though these are long-lasting, they are very easy to remove with coconut oil!
- Although I don't own any bright shades, I've heard that some shades from this line can be patchy and crusty and flaky! So if you are planning to buy some of those kinds of shades, keep that little info in mind.
- The color of the lipstick in the tube may be very different once applied on the lips.
I understand why these lipsticks have mixed reviews because not everyone can tolerate super matte lipsticks like this one. These lipsticks feel very dry on the lips so I know that for people who often have chapped lips, this is something they wouldn't want to use. However, there are people who cannot stand glossy lips like me. I tend to salivate a lot when I wear normal lipsticks and I end up pressing my lips a lot and smudging the lipstick everywhere, hence, I get lipstick on my teeth ALL THE FREAKING TIME and that's why I love Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lip because like I said earlier, when these lipstick dry, they are DRY and won't budge and that's something I can really appreciate in a lipstick.
Reasons why I think you should check out Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lip:
- These lipsticks are cheap! They retail for only $6 USD a tube!
- The Ultra Matte Lip line offers a wide range of beautiful shades! They have 33 lipstick shades so I'm sure you can find a shade that you didn't know you needed! OMG!
- The pigmentation of these lipsticks is top-notch!
- The staying power of these liquid lipsticks is pretty amazing!
- Colourpop is cruelty-free!
I hope you found this review helpful! If you have any questions about these lipsticks, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below! I'll be more than willing to enlighten you!
Are you a Colourpop addict? I know I am and I can't wait to purchase more shades from this line! Do you own some lipsticks from the Ultra Matte Lip line? Which colors do you have and would you recommend them? Creeper is such a gorgeous red and I would recommend that shade to anyone in a heartbeat! <3