25 Things You Might Not Know About Me
I just recently turned 25 and I decided to do a little "25" series on my blog to acknowledge my age. HAHA. I think 25 is such a beautiful age, not too young but not too old either. It's the perfect time to be ALIVE!
For my first "25" post, I want to share with you some things you may or may not know about me.
- I was loveagirlwhoreads on Tumblr.
- I've been wearing retainers every night, for more than a year now. My two front teeth still separate during the day though. Huhu. I don't want to wear braces again because 1, they're freaking expensive here, and 2, they make me not want to eat and I LOVE FOOD!
- My dad was the Manouevres member who died in 1999 and that's how I know all the original members of that dance group and that's why my sisters and I have a nice relationship with the Valencianos. We actually call them Tito Gary and Tita Angeli. <3
- I have a scar on my forehead from bumping my head into a corner of the cement that holds our gate. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD!
- My home is Marikina. <3
- My church is VCF. I wish we had a branch here.
- I'm a sweet tooth in case you didn't know already. Anything chocolatey, cheesecakey, ice creamy, I LOVE! I don't like candy though.
- I'm still trying to learn to love to eat fruits. The only fruits I can say that I really like are bananas and grapes.
- I HATE COOKING! I know how to cook though. I can even bake if I wanted to, but the thought of hanging out in the kitchen, smelling like onions and garlic and not to mention, the heat, don't excite me.
- I have more guy friends than girl friends.
- When I ask people of their first impression of me, the answer I usually get is that I look MASUNGIT. But to be honest, it's probably because I didn't really smile because my teeth were so ugly. It all changed after braces though. But still, my teeth aren't perfect. </3
- My biggest insecurities are my teeth and my arms.
- I cannot do small talk and I find it really hard to start new friendships.
- In elementary and high school, I really enjoyed writing essays and joining essay writing contests. I would even win sometimes. Maybe it's one of the reasons why I've had a blog for years. I find it easier to express my heart through written words. I'm not a vocal person.
- Public speaking scares me, even if it was just a little debate among friends. I shake when I start to speak up my mind. HAHA.
- I don't know when my interest in photography started but I know that it's something I'll always have a passion for.
- I know I said that public speaking scares me, but I don't mind singing in public. It's weird but I feel confident when I sing. I don't have the most angelic or powerful voice but I know I have the talent and I am not afraid to share it to the world.
- I joined Starstruck, the first ever Starstruck. If only I wasn't such a tuod and a shy girl, I could have been friends with Jennylyn Mercado and Yasmin Curdi. HAHA.
- I have written enough songs to create two full albums.
- I was born into a middle-class family and after my father's passing, things were so difficult for me and my sisters. We experienced how to be really POOR; no food, no electricity, no water, utang sa kanto, utang dito, and maybe that's why rich people intimidate me. Parang San Chai and Dao Ming Si kind of thing.
- I've always wanted to be famous like a celebrity for the free clothes and flawless skin.
- I'm a night person. I find that my brain works better at night. But if I have to, I can wake up really early and still function properly as a human. I rarely get those bangag mornings.
- Even before I said yes to Jorge to being his girlfriend, I knew that Jorge was the one, and knew that one day, he would propose to me. I thought I'd be prepared for it and that I wouldn't cry when that day came, but boy was I so wrong. My eyes were swimming in tears when he asked me to marry him. I was the happiest girl at that moment. It was the best birthday ever!
- I like being on the road. I like long drives.
- My dream job when I was a kid was to become a cartoon dubber at ABS-CBN. I can really act through my voice. I swear! I can imitate Heidi's voice.
Do we have some things in common? Let me know! Happy hump day everyone!