Let's skip the intros and just jump right into the things I want to accomplish this year.
- Read and meditate on the Word day and night. I have my Bible, I have my notebook. I have no excuses so I just have to do it.
- Fix my sleeping habits. Now that I don't have to wake up for work, having a regular sleeping schedule is harder than it sounds, especially for someone like me who's attached to the internet 24/7.
- Live a cleaner and healthier lifestyle. This has been in last year's goal but I failed so badly. This year, I will try harder to live a healthy life. It's going to start with my sleeping schedule, then my diet, then my daily exercises. I will have to refrain from eating Chipotle every Sunday, no more Lay's Salt & Vinegar chips, no more chocolate, no more waffle breakfasts, no more Coca-Cola, and no more late night bowls of Cocoa Krispies. I will also have to sweat! Oh please help me God!
- Cook for the family at least once a month. I hate cooking. But it would be nice to prepare a meal for the family once in awhile. Also, because I miss Filipino dishes. I just hope that they love what I make.
- FaceTime or Skype with my sisters and Heather and Hunter more often. I want to be a part of their lives even for just small periods of time. And I don't want to be "that" aunt who nobody remembers and cares for. Huhu.
- Read at least 50 books.
- Refrain from buying unnecessary stuff. I mean MAKEUP!
- Be more patient. I think I am the most impatient person in the entire world and that's not a good trait to have. I will try to have more patience in every aspect of my life. I think patient people are one of the happiest people out there.
- Be more disciplined. I think the main reason why I fail in achieving my goals is because of the lack of discipline on myself.
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." — Vince Lombardi
- Grow my hair out. I think it's time for me to say goodbye to my short hair. It's been a great 2 years but I think long hair suits my face shape better. Haha.
- Be more friendly. This is a very big challenge for me. I'm not used to meeting new people and I'm not really sure how to interact without looking dumb, so I really need to work on my people skills. I usually come off snobbish. Ooops!
- Travel and explore more. So far, there's only Colombia on our travel list for this year, but I'm sure Jorge and I will be seeing more of the US in the near future.
- Enhance my photography and cinematography skills. If there was one job I would love to do besides running a blog and a Youtube channel, it's to do photography and videography professionally. Jorge has been doing this for awhile now and now, we'll be doing it together. I still have so much to learn so wish me luck! So if you are getting engaged or married and you are in this area, contact us!
- Get our own place. There is no pressure for Jorge and I to move out soon, but I would love to have our own place and Jorge wants the same thing for us. Hopefully in the next 6 months, we'll have a place to call our own.
- PAY OFF MY FREAKIN' DEBT ONCE AND FOR ALL.
GOALS FOR THE BLOG and YOUTUBE:
- Respond to comments and messages as soon as possible. You're probably like, "WHUT?!" but I'm serious. I want to practice responding to people as soon as I can. I have this habit of reading people's comments (but I never reply immediately), then I forget about it.
- Create videos consistently. I will try my best to make a schedule for my YouTube videos. Maybe two videos a week? One makeup and a personal video? I still don't know but I want to upload at least ONE video every week. What kind of videos would you want me to do? I would appreciate any suggestions!
- Reach 1000 subscribers on Youtube! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO ME IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!
- More DIYs. I will try to incorporate more DIYs on the blog. I'm into arts and crafts, beauty DIYs, recipes, and anything that's easy and useful! Say yass if you're excited for that!
- Write more often. I don't know if you've noticed this but I haven't been writing constantly and I've stopped writing altogether for the blog series' running on my blog. I'm so sorry. That will change soon and hopefully, I'll be writing two to three blog posts a week!
- Write about the books I've read. Since I will make sure to read 50 books this year, I might do a new blog series about books. What should I call it? Any suggestions?
My biggest challenge for this year is me trying to live a healthier lifestyle. It's just so hard to say no to cravings! Why does Chipotle have to be so good?! How about you? What is your biggest obstacle right now, in terms of you reaching your goals?